World Leading Facilities
RUASRT researchers have access to world leading facilities and equipment, including simulation, prototyping, manufacture and test facilities. These facilities allow researchers to quickly go from a computer-aided design, to wind tunnel tested rapid prototype, through to full-composite flight-tested systems.
Access to the newly opened Advanced Manufacturing Precinct enables researchers to rapidly turn concept into reality through 3D printing of airframes and components, 3D scanning, laser additive manufacturing, composite fabrication workshops, and access to many other world-class automated manufacturing equipment.
Other specialist development and test facilities include:
- Computer aided design labs
- Immersive flight simulation system
- An outdoor netted flight test area
- Human factors / systems integration test equipment (eye and head tracking, and EEG)
- Multiple instrumented wind tunnels with a working cross section of up to 2m x 3m
- Composites manufacturing and testing
- An alternative fuels and propulsion lab
Award Winning Research
RUASRT has made significant research contributions in the field of Unmanned Air Systems as evidenced by the introduction of new knowledge and terminology to the discipline; patent; and the innovation awards received by key members. The team has been invited to publish a papers communicating new generated knowledge in the most prestigious aerospace and robotics journals.
RUASRT has significant media presence communicating the latest advancements to the general public